Services (call or write for details or to set up an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org, (516) 661-9768)
- Time limited psychodynamic psychotherapy.
- Marital and relationship assessment, and time limited counseling. We will also consider if divorce is appropriate for you.
- Assessments and consultations for individuals to: identify psychodynamic issues, assess problems such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders and obsessive compulsive disorders, and develop treatment plans and protocols. (A treatment protocol delineates areas of difficulty that therapy needs to address and suggests methods to address them.)
- Psychotherapy with therapists interested in learning the therapy approach of the new self-psychology.
- Self-Development coaching to help people reach their full potential.
- Leading workshops sponsored by the International Institute for Self-Development and training other professionals to lead those workshops. (Click here to see a list of workshops being given.)
Time limited psychodynamic psychotherapy seeks to identify and resolve a person’s “issues”. An issue is a mental/emotional state made up of distorted beliefs which create havoc for a person. An example of an issue is: “My parents got a divorce which was very painful for me. I fear I will get a divorce so I refuse to get married.”
Marital and relationship assessments seek to identify deep seated repetitive patterns that cause endless vicious circles of conflict and unhappiness. Once these are clarified an approach can be designed and put into practice to alleviate the causes of the pattern and free a couple to find the satisfaction that they desire.
The new self-psychology is innovative. It starts by consolidating and integrating the timeless insights of psychology—our current knowledge. It expands upon those ideas and provides innovative ideas that provide new insights and approaches to solving human problems through psychotherapy.
For psychotherapists: Through a course of his or her own psychotherapy a therapist can understand what the new self-psychology is and how to practice the psychotherapy that applies it.